If you are a small business owner, you need to take several things into consideration before launching your website.
By now, most people have realized that a well built website is a powerful tool for marketing businesses services and products. A major dilemma that business owners face is being overwhelmed with options, often unsure of the technologies they need in their website.
What factors should small businesses should take into consideration when building a website?
It is important to have a well constructed web presence and brand, this also goes for your message and brand. Too many people have gone with that generic WordPress templates leaving the importance of a unique brand behind. You should select a premium theme for your website, one that can be customized to fit your brand, and one that will set you apart from your competitors.
What is the importance of a well-designed logo?
It’s been said that your logo give your brand bragging rights. Typical costs for logo designs can range from between $75 and $200, depending on the complexity of the logo.
What do you need to know about the website building process?
In most cases, the average, run of the mill website goes through the following five phases:
- Business Need and Requirements – People want their new website designer to not only know what they want, but also provide an in-depth description of why they will want certain aspects in, and left out of, their website. A meeting or two, along with some brainstorming sessions, typically make up the first phase in developing a website.
- The Design Itself – As generic as it may sound, a website needs to be thoughtfully designed, which means hard-work combined with artistic ability. Pondering about a new website is one thing. Bringing it to life, the World Wide Web, is a totally different story. A business owner can explain what they want over and over again, but in reality, the majority of people do not know what another person is thinking. More often than not, there is a compromise when all is said and done with how a design is developed and eventually approved.
- The Website Development – As soon as the design selection is completed, information needs to be displayed in usable pieces of images and content so a web browser can quickly interpret it and demonstrate it to the user. During this stage, it is important to keep search engine optimization in mind. You must consider your brand at this stage too, it should be appropriately organized, along with your mission statement and product/service documentation, and accompanied by your logo. For the website construction, people often refer to this as web application development. Website application development converts the design and website structure to an interactive user platform with the use of widgets, conversion tools / contact forms, shopping cart / e-commerce, workflow processes, etc.
- Quality Assurance – When everything is said and done, a website must be vigorously tested to make sure everything is working properly.
- Launching the Site – Before going live, you must decide on a web hosting account. Often developers will host their client’s websites for them. But larger corporations will either want a dedicated server or internal server for their hosting needs. Once the site is pushed live to the Internet, users can interact with the platform.
How does your business differentiate your brand online?
Good marketing is all about conversion. Your website design should present the message that you are there to help, find a solution, or provide a quality product or service. Poor design can has seven been known to come in the form of bad content. Users do not appreciate seeing grammar errors, bad quality videos, or broken messages, as this can detour a potential customer.
From a visual aspect, using colors that don’t match or go well together combined with poor styling, will render a website useless to average search engine visitor. Your message and design must immediately grab your visitor’s attention, to prevent them from bouncing. Good design allows the wow factor to get users to stay on your site longer.